Remember those Master Card priceless adverts where the child enjoys playing with the box more than the toys? I’m the grownup version of that. My favourite part of gift giving is the wrapping.
- Felt (thick fabric like denim can also work)
- Embroidery thread
- Regular thread
- Hard cardboard
- Embroidery needle
- Glue gun
- Cut the felt into a tag (I like the triangle against a rectangle shape, not sure if there’s an official name for it).
- Embroider the name onto the tag with simple stitches. I like the effect one gets by doing it free hand but if you want to make it more precise rather write the name on the felt and embroider over it.
- Stitch the button onto the ‘triangle’ part of the felt tag.
- Cut the cardboard into a rectangle that is slightly bigger than the felt ‘rectangle’ part.
- Glue the ribbon in a small loop in the middle of the small side of the cardboard rectangle.
- Glue the felt tag onto the cardboard with the triangle slightly hanging over.
Tip: If the tag is very small swap step 1 and 2 around. It’s much easier doing embroidery on a bigger piece of felt.